Ideas should be evaluated, not people.
Challenge: Silos, politics, culture, gender, generations, over-optimism
- Get the real story! Encourage candor.
- Unchain people’s brains to drive creativity
- Instill desired behaviors, neutralizing HR-related barriers & costly programs
Respecting unique work styles drives better results.
Challenges: Unproductive mtgs, email threads from hell, multi-location team inputs
- Enable different thinking styles and "hot brain" times – get the best ideas
- In-demand people can participate: short bursts on a greater number of projects
- Easy-to-use Decision Spaces connect across locations/timezones: next frontier of agile
Diverse contributions in a structured approach yield powerful innovation.
Challenges: Group Think, suggestion boxes, "another survey", popularity (social likes)
- Ignite deeper conversations, drive more valuable insights/understanding
- Structured approach to innovation: encourage ideas AND decide with consistency
- Scientific research is built-in -> leverage best from individuals and groups, avoid the pitfalls
Trust is the key to successful change.
Challenges: Fear of reprisal, strategic misrepresentation, post-failure finger pointing
- Reduce RISK - safe spaces encourage people to share their candid perspective
- Transparency of decision reporting (Cover Your Assumptions!)
- Trust that decision-making across your organization is delivered with quality and consistency
People want to participate AND get things done.
Challenges: Not deciding, dead-end/sidetracked conversations, soapbox orators
- Drive discussion from insight to action
- Stay on topic and ruthlessly prioritize!
- "Nonsense-Free" Decision Spaces build alignment, buy-in and commitment